just for this day

"The problem when I try harder is that I get fixated on my own heroic efforts. I grow judgemental. I can't let this endure forever. So instead of making vows about how my spiritual life will be perfectly well organized until I die, I seek to surrender my will for just this day.
I look for small graces. I try to engage in little acts of service. I pray briefly to accommodate my limited attention span. I look for ways of being with God that I already enjoy. I try to go for half an hour without complaining. I try to say something encouraging to three people in a row. I put twenty dollars in my pocket that I will give away during the day. I take a five-minute break to read a page of great thoughts."---John Ortberg, The Me I Want to Be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Humor Natal yang Bikin Terpingkal-pingkal

Edisi Koleksi Terbatas 50 Tahun Majalah Bobo Cerpen & Dongeng: Benarkah “Terbaik Sepanjang Masa”?

Setengah Hari di Rumah Atsiri